Saturday 11 June 2016

Meet the delegation - Emma

Hello!

I'm Emma, a Council Member and Lead Volunteer for the Europe Region WAGGGS Gender Leadership Project for Girlguiding Scotland. 

I am looking forward to the conference to meet Girl Guides and Scouts from all over Europe, and to discuss how we are going assist WAGGGS Europe in achieving its goals.

I am particularly excited to speak to other members about the gender equality work I have been lucky enough to be part of as a member of the Europe Region WAGGGS Gender taskforce. This is an important part of our strategy and is particularly topical worldwide. 

Some of the most exciting and memorable international experiences I have had were with Girlguiding. I particularly loved my experiences with GOLD in Armenia and The Gambia. Having the ability to work with another member organisation, making connections and helping them to further their goals, is a really unique way to experience another country.

Girlguiding to me is...

Empowering
Inspiring
Exciting





No comments:

Post a Comment