Saturday 26 August 2017

Meet the delegation - Catherine

Meet the Delegation - Catherine Irwin 




I'm a Guide & Ranger leader in Monea, a rural area in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland and was previously County Commissioner for Fermanagh. And also a current member of the WAGGGS World Board Strategy Committee, whose main responsibility was the development of the next Triennium Strategic Plan. 

I was part of the UK delegation for 35th WAGGGS World Conference in Hong Kong, where I got more involved in WAGGGS work.

During this year's conference I'm looking forward to sharing: Being our Best – our plan for 2020, renewal of the Ranger program, Peer Education experience.

I'm looking forward to hearing how MOs have felt they were engaged in the development of the next triennium strategic plan and in helping facilitate the Regional and MO tactical plans against this. Also in sharing Good Practice - there is so much that MOs can learn from each other, particularly in areas of membership growth, advocacy and volunteer recruitment.

My favourite badges on my camp blanket ❤



Hostess badge as it is the first badge I gained as a Guide! 



Mexico badge as I bought it to support my daughter's first international adventure with Girlguiding Ulster to Our Cabana!

No comments:

Post a Comment