Saturday 19 August 2017

Meet the delegation - Bekky

Introducing Bekky Ashmore!


I'm the Assistant Region Commissioner for North West England and a Brownie leader but not currently with a unit at the moment. I lead on our youth participation work within the Region and I'm really passionate about getting more young women into leadership roles within Girlguiding. 

I'm in charge of Communications for the team so will be responsible for keeping the blog updated with what the UK delegation gets up to in the build up and at the conference.

During the conference Leah and I will be in charge of our Forum 2017 event on Social Action and I'm really looking forward to sharing some of the incredible work that our members in the UK have been up to. I'm hoping to learn more about how other MOs support young women to take on senior leadership roles and local commissioners.

My favourite badges on my camp blanket ❤


My first favourite badge is from 2014 when we broke the world record for the largest ever sleepover! Over 3,500 Brownies slept over at Chester Zoo over the weekend for Safari Slumbers with even more coming for Wild Encounters day events.
I've been privileged to experience some incredible Guiding moments but 2,000 sleeping Brownies in one gigantic tent will take some beating!

My second badge is from another Region event when we headed to Copenhagen last summer to celebrate 100 years of Senior Section. I was running our tug of war base in one of the main beautiful parks in the city and we experienced every type of weather imaginable from beautiful sunshine to torrential rain! It was made an even more special event by a mini Juliette Low Seminar 2015 reunion.




No comments:

Post a Comment