Monday 30 October 2017

Meet the delegation - Ulster Region

Meet the delegation - Emma Taggart 


Hello, I'm Emma and I am a Young leader at Kilrea Rainbows and Kilrea Senior Section. This week I'm really excited to learn more about how WAGGGS operates on a global level. Also, I can't wait to participate in the extensive variety of workshops that are available during the week.

My Favourite Guiding Memory

As a Girlguiding delegate for the British Youth Council I had the opportunity to present a motion on axing the tampon tax at this years' Annual Council Meeting. Speaking out about such an important issue was not only empowering for me but also allowed me to raise awareness of the discriminatory tax which affects thousands of people throughout the UK.

Meet the delegation - Roxy Thompson


Hi, I'm Roxy and a Leader with 93rd Belfast Brownies. I'm most looking forward to meeting Guides and Scouts from other countries and learning more about their organisations.

My Favourite Guiding Memory

Best Guiding memory - very hard, there are so many!! I would have to say going to Estonia with GOLD;  I got to spend 3 weeks with some awesome ladies, exploring a new country and meeting Estonian Guide Association members! We had loads of laughs, and some great sessions discussing the Rover programme with some of the Rovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment