Monday 30 October 2017

Meet the delegation - Midlands Region

Meet the delegation - Siân Adamson-Osborn


Hello, I'm Siân and I am a Leader at 1st Longdon Brownies, 1st Rugeley Rangers and Rugeley Chetwynd District Commissioner. I’m excited to be given the opportunity to develop my skills within Guiding and meet other passionate volunteers from across the world who work with Guiding and Scouting.

My Favourite Guiding Memory

My favourite Guiding memory (gosh it’s a hard choice), was helping at our County’s centenary celebration and getting to see over 7,000 Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers, Leaders and Trefoil having the best time at the biggest party ever and completely taking over our County Showground!

Meet the delegation - Kat Leeming


I'm Kat from 19th Shrewsbury Brownies and Shropshire Senior Section Coordinator Midlands Region. I am really looking forward to meeting other likeminded people from European Guiding and Scouting organisations and hearing all about their personal experiences. I’m also super excited to visit Hungary, to explore the numerous and very interesting sounding sessions that are being presented at The Academy and most of all bringing these ideas back to Girlguiding to aid developments in local Guiding and maybe further afield!

My Favourite Guiding Memory

I have so many fantastic Guiding memories to choose from so picking just one is a little difficult!! There is something though that absolutely stands out…. I was part of a trio of Senior Section members to organise the Midland Region camp ‘Carnival Fever’ for the Senior Section Spectacular in 2016. It was a 2 year project which I have so many happy memories from - our unforgettable and crazy silent disco, fireworks to ‘Reach’ by S Club 7, a carnival procession, watching Team GB win their women’s hockey gold medal at the Rio Olympics with the Chief Commissioner and Chief Guide, as well as gaining two life-long best friends! I'm sure that this week at The Academy will only add to my growing list of things that I can say 'I did that with Girlguiding'.

Meet the delegation - Rosie Austin


Hi, I'm Rosie and I am a leader with 147th Birmingham Brownies. I'm looking forward to meeting new people from across the world, and being able to share experiences and knowledge with each other.

My Favourite Guiding Memory

I have so many Guiding memories it is hard to pick. I love going to unit meetings each week and seeing the young people grow and develop as individuals but I think my favourite memories are from international adventures especially a trip I went on as a Senior Section member to Kandersteg.

Meet the delegation - Kat Tilley


Hi - I'm Kat and a Leader with 1st Bills Wood Brownies, 6th Shirley Rainbows and Bills Wood District Commissioner. I'm most looking forward to exploring the city and meeting new people.

My Favourite Guiding Memory

My favourite guiding memory was running the water sports experience at Girlguiding Warwickshire's International Camp, Arden 2014! It was five action packed days of activities, adventure, challenges and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment